[CLASS] #41: Wednesday October 7th Class

This post will be a series of disorganised notes, so bear with me.

Notes related to AT3 & 4:

  • The posts related to my essay ARE my Folio.
  • Should upload research notes, even if not relevant.
  • AT4 - 8 posts isn't the max. But there are 10 blog prompts, so... not much beyond that. However, reflective posts you've made in your own time count for it.
  • You can make reflective posts on any topic you want, to add to AT4.

Notes related to the book launch:

  • Week 15 is the earliest week in which we can hold the book launch.
  • It will likely be on Wednesday night, November 4th, at 6pm.
  • The event will probably be held on Discord.

Book launch event - 'Medley of Voices':

  • During the book launch, we will read out one minute of our essays. This reading is NOT compulsory, but David (and honestly I) highly recommend you do it. After all, it gives people a small sneak peek at your essay and everybody else's! You'd be denying them that opportunity.
  • One minute of words is about 130-150 words, however it depends on how fast you read. It should go for minimum 50 seconds, maximum 65 seconds. Choose a bit that can stand by itself.
  • The idea is that we'll be split in 3 groups of around 7, and read our pieces continuously, so it creates one nice long line (with breaks, hence the groups) that feels short, because it all goes so quickly.
  • There will be no throat-clearing, no giving of context. This process is tight and seamless.
  • For this format to work, know the work of the person behind you, what their last sentence is, so you can start talking straight after.

Here were my choices in extracts. I went with the first one initially, but switched to the 2nd so as to not sort of... "spoil the ending" too much, for those who haven't read it.

Heh. Well, I mean... some of you non-RMIT readers know what it sort of looks like. Looking at you, Portuguese, American, and Saudi Arabian viewers out there. In the past month, there have been readers from these countries... and in the past 3 months, which is this blog's entire lifespan, there's been visitors from the United Kingdom and and Romania! Hi! I sincerely hope you attend the book launch this coming November. I'll definitely post about it here later for promoting it.

Anyway. Here are my options. They might be strangely spaced out, but that's because of how they were typeset. I could switch 'em, but we'll see:

OPTION 1
We tried to ignore the darkening sky and missing our previously agreed upon 3 pm deadline. In between forehead and cheek pecks, we chatted and people-watched. Friends sat together on benches, dogs were on walks, and a man stumbled around, possibly intoxicated. It felt as though the world was normal, and we pretended there wasn’t a pandemic happening. It was the perfect end to a perfe—‘

Please don’t kiss me.’

I had overstepped his boundaries.

G explained that although he felt some attraction towards me, he ultimately respected N’s and my relationship too much, and didn’t want to cause anything between us. Privately, N had allowed me a single, chaste lip kiss with G—although I didn’t tell G that. All I could do was apologise, and swiftly change topics.


OPTION 2 (CHOSEN)
"G and I were pleasantly surprised by Club X. It was clean, well-lit, and inviting. Cheesy love songs pulsed softly through the speakers. We wandered through the store, eyes wide with  awe. It was like entering a real life Pornhub, G remarked. What I called the ‘screams of the damned’ flowed through  from  behind a closed door, the sign above reading ‘Uncensored  Cybersex’. We’d snap our gaze to it when surprised by a piercing moan.

While we browsed the BDSM section, G pulled a starter kit down to examine it. My eyes settled on the pink, fluffy handcuffs and—

Oh no.

Fuck.

As sin after sin flashed through my mind, a heat pooled between my legs. Though not entirely unwanted, I felt a twinge of guilt, knowing G wasn’t  primarily  into  women. But I thought he was handsome, and ... well, the  nature  of  the  store had hit me like a truck. I asked  if he was ‘excited’ at all. He blinked back with a calm smile and said no. And then asked if I was."

 ------------------------------

The final thing we did in class was answer the final blog prompt, which I did in another post. So with that... that's all I've got to report! Man, these posts are getting short. 

 Ah, one last thing before I go. I'm currently sort of wrecking havoc on the past blog posts to organise them for my folio. They're all tagged with the word "Folio" if you wish to find out what they are. They're extracts or slightly altered versions of posts. If they're extracts, the original post is left as is, but altered ones have details on how they were altered and such. I wouldn't recommend going to look at them now -- just wait til my upcoming 'Table of Contents' post comes out for them.

Anyway, see ya!

-Katie, the Plague Wanderer

Comments