[MISC] #15: Plague Wanderer Banner (Original and Edited)

 

There they are! The original banner picture and the cropped and edited version to appropriately fit on the page without dominating it too much. It's a picture of me, the titular Plague Wanderer, scattering the petals of withering/dead flowers in the wind. I've always had a love for London fashion from the early 20th century and earlier, so I dressed myself in that way (I'm not that much of a researcher, pfft). I gave myself the short hat I've seen plague doctors wear, and a face mask from these current times to mesh it in with the modern. The flowers I picked were roses, lavenders, daisies, tulips and... some random yellow and pink ones. Professional, amirite? As for the big black cloak...

In 2018, when I was in VCE and studying Geraldine Brooks' Year of Wonders (2001) and Arthur Miller's The Crucible (1953), some performers came to our school to perform bits of them. I was in LOVE with the giant black cloak that the actors kept passing around for certain characters like Michael Mompellion. I asked if I could try it on after the fact! So here's a picture of me with Elizabeth Proctor (I mistakenly called myself John Proctor, confused because I did voice John Proctor in our class read-outs but he was never dressed like this, HOW embarrassing). It was featured on the troupe's Instagram but I can't remember who they were:

Hehe. Three blog posts today, whoof! Welp, that's a wrap. Catch ya'll tomorrow for class!!!

-Katie, the Plague Wanderer

Comments

Popular Posts