Playing with and Reflecting on Forms & Approaches (31/07)
In Retrospect 5
This post contains relevant excerpts from [CLASS] #6: Friday July 31st Class.
I cut out all of the irrelevant parts in the original post to present for my Folio here. The 2nd Section (from the original post) is a highly productive one, where I played around with voices and different approaches, plus adding in more detail surrounding the Melbourne Central event I would later come to further write about. The 3rd Section, the Pomodoro Reflection, is where I express excitement over using the Psychoanalytical Report approach, and reason it is because I feel more comfortable behind an unclear persona - the reader wouldn't be able to concretely tell if Subject 3 really is me, because I, as the writer, have distanced myself from them. It could be about someone else. Towards the end, I did admit some hesitance over this Subject 3 idea, thinking it was a "cheap" tactic, not sincere. I wonder if it's truly the right form for me -- but I wouldn't know until I wrote it.
------------------------------
Section 2: Playing with Forms & Approaches
Writing Exercise - "You" Direct Language
Heya.
How're you holding up in quarantine, down here in Victoria? Watching some Netflix? Doing some exercise? Cleaning?
Staying. Home?
I hope so. Because for fuck's sake, I hope we can wrangle ourselves in to suppress this goddamn virus so we can go out again. I already didn't have complete faith in humanity to behave like responsible adults, but I still can't believe how utterly stupid some people have become.
You've seen the news, right? Police discover a huge party because of a tall order of KFC? That one giant Eid party that had to be shut down. People travelling from Victoria to Queensland during the pandemic, which has now started the latest cluster there as of when I'm writing this, July 31st, 2020.
Christ. Can people give up their own selfish desires for a few months and stay away?
Haaah. Admittedly, this kinda seems like the first time modern civilisation has had to do it on a global scale.
In-depth Report
8:40am - Subject 3 wakes up from Subject 4's alarm. Subject 4 opens her school laptop and enters her Google classroom on loudspeaker. Unable to return to sleep, Subject 3 is now scrolling through her phone.
9:00am - Subject 4 is using Snapchat during class. Subject 3 is viewing the latest page of a manga genre, searching for something to read.
9:30am - Subject 4 is still using Snapchat in class. Subject 3 is reading.
Imperative Mode - Every sentence is an instruction
Pass through the Myki ticket gate. Notice your guy friend/crush standing by Coles Central. Condition your heart to accelerate and your body temperature to rise by 2°C. Step forward. Watch as he comes dangerously close to you. Yearn for a hug. Notice other people. Suppress that urge.
Walk into Coles.
Interrogative Mode - Every sentence is a question
Why? Why today? Why does Milligram have to be closed? But Google said it was open? Does he seem bored? What are you going to say? Will he be satisfied staring at the merchandise from here? Where to now? Are we really going to Dymocks? Are we walking now? Is it safe for a hug?
He looked at his friend curiously. She was right there, suppressing the urge for a hug. Why wasn't she asking? Well, maybe they could have one later.
Oh, wait. "Would you want to um... have a hug?" She said it. There isn't any people around. He blinked at her in surprise. Maybe even delight.
"Yeah, sure." He said. He opened his arms a split second before her and embraced her. Ah. She was big in his arms. But warm.
Over the course of several weeks, Subject 3's spirit has been wearing down. They find it increasingly more difficult to study and instead continue to procrastinate and look for excuses to do other things. A vast majority of the time, she masturbates when her sister leaves for work. Subject 3 has been speaking to G and he's been negotiating with her on a day out. Subject 3 is reluctant to accept, thinking it might be wise to save it as a reward after finishing all of her assessment tasks, but her boyfriend, N, is encouraging her to take the opportunity.
Section 3: Pomodoro Reflection - Forms & Approaches

Comments
Post a Comment